Symposium at Sea: Gastrointestinal Pathology in the British Isles is organized by Educational Symposia and will be held during Jul 12 - 24, 2018 at Royal Princess, London, England, United Kingdom.
The target audience for this medical event is primarily intended and designed to educate pathologists. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 12.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s).
Course Description :
This seminar is designed to provide a practical review of current topics in gastrointestinal pathology. Dr. Elizabeth Montgomery will discuss basic to advanced topics, pitfalls and pearls to gastrointestinal pathology diagnosis. Topics will range from iatrogenic pathology to polyps throughout the gastrointestinal tract to mesenchymal lesions.
Course Objectives are :
• Discuss iatrogenic forms of gastrointestinal tract injury.
• Be aware of pitfalls in interpreting endoscopic resection samples, especially from the esophagus.
• Recognize, assess and diagnose gastric polyps, dysplasia and their clinical correlations.
• Address various types of neoplastic and non-neoplastic small intestinal pathology.
• Recognize various unusual forms of gastric carcinoma.
• Be aware of unusual types of colitis as well as classic forms.
• Recognize various types of syndromic and sporadic polyps of the colorectum.
• Recognize several pitfalls in immunolabeling of various types of gastrointestinal tract lesions.
• Develop an approach to gastrointestinal mesenchymal lesions.
• Understand the importance of location within the layers of the gastrointestinal tissues to better classify various tumor types.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.