Surviving Shift Work Conference : 2 Days for All Nurses and Midwives is organized by Ausmed Education Pty Ltd and would be held during Feb 22 - 23, 2018 at Rydges Sydney Central, Surry hills, New South Wales, Australia.
The target audience for this medical event is Nurses. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 11 CPD Hours.
Course Description :
Evidence is now revealing the physical and emotional consequences of shift work. It is therefore timely that formal education is available to all nurses and midwives to ensure you can feel safe, confident and prepared to survive the demands of shift work. Learn about:
• How does fatigue impact your cognitive performance?
• Why are chronically-raised cortisol levels so dangerous?
• Simple techniques that can promote relaxation
• How to incorporate better nutrition and more activity into your life
• Managing feelings of disconnect, guilt and resentment
• Overcoming occupational worry - how to go home happy!
Literature is now revealing the physical and emotional consequences of shift work. Safety and quality of patient care may be compromised if nurses and midwives are not optimally prepared for the demands of shift work. Evidence-based knowledge of how to improve performance and minimise risk is crucial to clinical confidence and safe provision of care. Education that encourages nurses’ to improve their own health and wellbeing is likely to further complement quality patient outcomes and improve job satisfaction.
The purpose of this event is to provide formal, evidence-based education on how to overcome the demands that shift work places upon the health professional.
Conference Objectives :
• Engage in meaningful dialogue with colleagues to improve safety and quality of patients throughout the 24-hour continuum of care
• Reduce errors at night through knowledge of fatigue and performance
• Have greater clinical confidence to provide care relating to a range of conditions that require timely, focused interventions
• Use information relating to the implications of shift work on health and wellbeing to enhance self-care and motivation
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No.||:||(03) 9326 8101|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Two Days Conference Fee||21 Feb,2018||USD 590.00|
|One Day Conference Fee||21 Feb,2018||USD 462.00|