S1 - Spinal Evaluation & Manipulation: Impairment Based, Evidence Informed Approach is organized by University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences and will be held during Mar 02 - 04, 2018 at Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is Physical Therapists. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 26 (includes 5 online hours) or 2.6 CEUs or 3 graduate credits.
This is a three-day seminar emphasizing interpretation of basic science knowledge toward the development of clinical skills needed for differential evaluation and effective treatment of spinal dysfunction. General principles of functional anatomy, tissue and joint biomechanics, pathology and treatments are applied to clinical examination and treatment. Includes instruction and techniques for evaluating structure, active movements, and palpation for the condition, position, and mobility of the spine. Manipulation techniques are instructed at all levels of the spine except the subcranial area. Supportive treatments, such as exercises and distraction, are instructed and practiced to a limited degree. At the conclusion of the seminar, the student should feel confident to examine and treat most common spinal conditions.
Prerequisite: Intro S1 Webinar & Pre-course FCO - Home study (included with S1)
Conference Objectives are :
At the completion of this seminar, the attendee should be able to:
• conduct a comprehensive physical examination of the spine.
• describe the mechanisms and characteristics of spinal pain and the behavior of pain patients.
• safely perform basic spinal manipulation techniques.
• observe, perform and demonstrate safe thrust techniques on thoracic and lumbar spine.
• discuss and present cases with spinal dysfunction.
• describe the indication and contraindications of spinal manipulation.
• demonstrate an appreciation of the role of therapeutic exercise and preventative measures in the management of spinal dysfunction.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No.||:||(904) 826-0084,
(800) 241-1027 x1400
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Conference Fee||01 Mar,2018||USD 595.00|