Skin and Wound Management Course is organized by Wound Care Education Institute (WCEI) and will be held during Apr 23 - 27, 2018 at Bordeaux Long Term Care, Nashville, Tennessee, United States of America. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 22.75 Credits.
The Skin and Wound Management course offers an evidence-based approach to wound management and current standards of practice to keep clinicians legally defensible at the bedside.
Learning Objectives :
• Discuss how standards of care, evidence based practice, and a multidisciplinary wound care team can affect clinical choices in wound management.
• Discuss the basic anatomy and physiology of the skin.
• Identify at least 5 parameters required for accurate wound assessment.
• Identify pressure ulcer stages according to NPUAP guidelines.
• Identify 5 factors which enhance or impede the wound healing process.
• Explain 4 types of basic principles of wound bed preparation.
• Identify 3 major components of a nutritional assessment for optimizing wound healing.
• Identify 4 different categories for topical wound management.
• Select treatment options based upon wound assessment, etiology, and goal of wound care.
• Differentiate arterial, neuropathic, and venous ulcers in terms of causative factors, pathophysiology, appearance, and principles of management.
• Describe 3 factors involved in development of a pressure ulcer and interventions to prevent their occurrence.
• Describe at least 5 interventions that optimize acute surgical wound healing.
• Differentiate between wound etiologies and clinical manifestations of acute and traumatic wounds.
• Differentiate types of burns and principles of management.
• Select treatment options and differentiate wound etiologies and clinical manifestations of chronic, malignant, and inflammatory wounds.
• Discuss 3 adjunctive treatment modalities that enhance wound healing.
• Discuss current multidisciplinary care approaches to wound care.
• Discuss components required for accurate wound documentation.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.