Self-Regulation in Children : Keeping the Body, Mind & Emotions on Task in Children with Autism, ADHD or Sensory Disorders is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Jan 24, 2018 at Holiday Inn Knoxville West- Cedar Bluff Rd, Knoxville, Tennessee, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapy Assistants, Educators, Speech-Language Pathologists, Counselors, Psychologists, Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapists, Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 6.25 hours of continuing education credits.
Course Description :
This workshop looks at the underlying factors of poor self-regulation and how they affect the child. The course emphasizes practical interventions! You will walk away with details on how to create simple but effective programs in clinical, school and home settings :
• Sensory therapy techniques.
• Simple self-management and video modeling programs.
• Sensory diets.
• Social stories.
• Energy regulation techniques.
• Communication methods.
• Transition strategies.
Clinical programs such as Interactive Metronome, Sound Therapy, and Neuro-Feedback will be discussed as will timely topics such as medication vs. non-medication for ADHD and the bio-medical approach controversy in autism. You will receive written handouts and a list of resources.
Course Objectives are :
• Communicate characteristics of sensory modulation disorder, ADHD and autism and how they overlap.
• Modify specific treatments for SPD that can be duplicated at school or home.
• Design a sensory lifestyle program using readily-found items.
• Determine elements of successful first-person stories and transitional activities.
• Recommend ADHD interventions to be used with or without meds.
• Implement a simple self-management and video modeling program.
• Employ communication strategies that provide emotional control for children with ASD.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No.||:||(800) 844-8260|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration - Advance Fee||04 Jan,2018||USD 199.99|
|Single Registration - Course Fee||23 Jan,2018||USD 219.99|
|2+ Group Rate: per person - Course Fee||23 Jan,2018||USD 199.99|