Self-Regulation in Children : Keeping the Body, Mind and Emotions on Task in Children with Autism, ADHD or Sensory Disorders is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Feb 26, 2018 at Phoenix Inn Suites - Eugene, Eugene, Oregon, United States of America. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 6.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Course Description :
Children with Sensory Processing Disorders, ADHD or autism have much in common. They are challenged with physical problems that affect their ability to focus and can also cause them to be emotionally reactive. Children who have trouble self-regulating throughout the day are missing out on typical childhood experiences in school, on the playground and with their families. They have difficulty making and keeping friends.
This workshop looks at the underlying factors of poor self-regulation and how they affect the child. The course emphasizes practical interventions! You will walk away with details on how to create simple but effective programs in clinical, school and home settings :
• Sensory therapy techniques
• Simple self-management and video modeling programs
• Sensory diets
• Social stories
• Energy regulation techniques
• Communication methods
• Transition strategies
Clinical programs such as Interactive Metronome, Sound Therapy, and Neuro-Feedback will be discussed, as will timely topics such as medication vs. non-medication for ADHD and the bio-medical approach controversy in autism. You will receive written handouts and a list of resources.
Course Objectives are:
• Communicate characteristics of sensory modulation disorder, ADHD and autism and how they overlap.
• Modify specific treatments for SPD that can be duplicated at school or home.
• Design a sensory lifestyle program using readily-found items.
• Determine elements of successful first-person stories and transitional activities.
• Recommend ADHD interventions to be used with or without meds.
• Implement a simple self-management and video modeling program.
• Employ communication strategies that provide emotional control for children with ASD.
|Contact No.||:||(800) 844-8260|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration - Early Fee||06 Feb,2018||USD 199.99|
|Single Registration - Course Fee||25 Feb,2018||USD 219.99|
|2+ Group Rate: per person - Course Fee||25 Feb,2018||USD 199.99|
|Coordinator - Course Fee||25 Feb,2018||USD 30.00|