Rewire the Anxious Brain: Using Neuroscience to End Anxiety, Panic, and Worry is organized by PESI HealthCare and would be held on Feb 22, 2018 at The Westin Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is Social Workers, Psychologists, Counselors, Marriage and Family Therapists, Case Managers, Addiction Counselors, Therapists, Nurses, Other Mental Health Professionals. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 6.25 continuing education credit.
Conference Description :
Join Dr. Heidi Schreiber-Pan, and learn her keys for successful anxiety treatment. Dr. Schreiber-Pan integrates brain-based strategies for calming the anxious mind with client communication techniques that motivate change in your clients. Heidi’s approach promotes adherence to treatment and strengthens the therapeutic alliance - which is essential when working with anxious, worried, traumatized, or obsessive clients. Dr. Schreiber-Pan will give you tools and techniques to :
• Identify and treat the roots of anxiety in both the amygdala and the cortex.
• Explain “the language of the amygdala” in an accessible, straight forward way.
• Identify how the cortex contributes to anxiety, and empower clients with strategies to resist anxiety-igniting cognitions.
Conference Objectives are :
• Ascertain the underlying neurological processes that impact anxious symptoms for clients.
• Develop client engagement in treatment using personalized goals and focusing clinical interventions on making biological changes in the brain.
• Evaluate the differences between amygdala-based and cortex-based anxiety symptoms and identify how these symptoms inform treatment interventions.
• Communicate strategies for calming and training the amygdala in order to alleviate symptoms of anxiety.
• Implement methods for teaching clients to retrain the cortex so that anxiety is resisted rather than exacerbated.
• Analyze how psychotropic medication impacts neuroplasticity in the brain; identify related treatment implications.
|Contact No.||:||(800) 844-8260|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration Conference Fee||21 Feb,2018||USD 219.99|
|2 Group Rate: per person Fee||21 Feb,2018||USD 199.99|