Psychopharmacology in Plain English is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Jul 12, 2018 at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Oakland - Airport, Oakland, California, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is Counselors, Social Workers, Psychologists, Psychotherapists, Case Managers, Marriage & Family Therapists, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Clinical Nurse Specialists, Addiction Counselors, Pharmacists, Other Mental Health & HealthCare Professionals. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 6.3 contact hours.
Does this sound familiar? Your clients are taking multiple psychotropic medications prescribed by different health care professionals. You watch as prescriptions stream in from psychiatrists, family physicians, nurse practitioners, and others, and you discover that your clients have no idea who wrote which prescription or why they are even taking the medication. You realize that despite the confusion, you still have a responsibility to know your clients’ symptoms and reactions to medications, and to coordinate their care.
• Define the proper role of mental health professionals who treat clients receiving both psychotherapeutic medications and psychotherapy.
• Explore specific ethical issues and resolutions related to communicating with clients and prescribing professionals about psychotropic medications.
• Explain the neurotransmitter systems and neuroanatomy underlying the biological basis for mental disorders and pharmacotherapy.
• Describe the major classes of drugs used to treat mental disorders and which mental disorders are appropriately treated with each class of drugs.
• Explore psychotropic medication treatment options for clients with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder.
• Analyze the role that half-life plays in the efficacy of insomnia medications prescribed for clients.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No.||:||(800) 844-8260|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration: Advance Fee||22 Jun,2018||USD 199.99|
|Single Registration Fee||11 Jul,2018||USD 229.99|
|2+ Group Rate: per person Fee||11 Jul,2018||USD 199.99|