Primary Care Challenges for Today's Practitioner: Practice Strategies for Internal and Family Medicine Specialists is organized by American Medical Seminars (AMS) and will be held during Mar 05 - 09, 2018 at Hyatt Regency Sarasota, Sarasota, Florida, United States of America. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 20 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Course Description :
Following this course, the participant should be able to appraise the etiologies and recognize the clinical presentations of the commonly seen disorders presented; indicate diagnostic tests available and the suggested use for making a diagnosis; implement available treatment options and appropriate long-term care when indicated. This activity is expected to result in improved competence in making an appropriate diagnosis and providing effective treatment and referral or follow-up care with the overall goal of improving patient outcomes.
When indicated in the specific objectives, emphasis will be on aligning physician behavior with current guidelines and evidence-based medicine with a focus on diagnosis, treatment and when to refer. This course was designed to inter-relate the disorders presented in an effort to help all practitioners at the level of a practicing physician or practitioner relate their practice strategies with other providers and specialists. By doing this, it will provide them with increased competence to appropriately diagnose and refer or effectively treat their patients’ conditions to optimize their care.
Course Outline :
• Use and Interpretation of Thyroid Tests
• Delirium in the Elderly - Current Concepts
• Evaluation and Treatment of Hypertensive Patients
• Evaluation and Treatment of Dementia in Seniors
• Vitamin B-12 and Vitamin D in Seniors
• Treating Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
• Advanced Nutritional Assessment and Therapy
• Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD): Evaluation and Treatment
• Venous Thromboembolism (VTE): Diagnosis and Treatment
• Contemporary Issues in End of Life Care
• Contraceptive Options - Helping Women Make an Informed Choice
• Improving Communication Skills in Medical Practice
• Migraine Headaches – Update on Diagnosis and Treatment
• Outpatient Anticoagulation Issues
• Osteoporosis: Treatment and Prevention
• Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) – A Primary Care Perspective
• Evaluation of the Patient with Syncope
• Adult Health Screening and Immunizations – Evidence-Based Approach
• Drug Interactions and Side Effects
• Evaluation and Initial Management: Benign Breast Disease
Course Objectives are :
• Use and Interpretation of Thyroid Tests.
• Delirium in the Elderly - Current Concepts.
• Evaluation and Treatment of Hypertensive Patients.
• Evaluation and Treatment of Dementia in Seniors.
• Vitamin B-12 and Vitamin D in Seniors.
• Treating Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Physician - Regular Registration Fee||04 Mar,2018||USD 899.00|
|Non-Physician/Resident - Regular Registration Fee||04 Mar,2018||USD 799.00|
|Advanced Practitioner Fees - Regular Registration Fee||04 Mar,2018||USD 749.00|