PESI HealthCare Dyslexia, Dyscalculia and Dysgraphia: An Integrated Approach is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Jan 24, 2018 at Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport, Shreveport, Louisiana, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is Physiologists, Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants and Other Helping Professionals that Work with Children. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 6.25 Credits.
Course Description :
In this ground-breaking seminar, professionals from many different perspectives come together to learn how their interventions integrate to remediate some of the more complicated dysfunctions seen in education today. Remediation is addressed through the building blocks of mind and body health including nutrition and psychology disciplines, neurodevelopment, sensory-motor development from occupational therapy, physical therapy and language development. Finally, specific educational approaches based on Structured Literacy and the Knowledge and Practice Standards of the International Dyslexia Association will be used to demonstrate how the student with dyslexia, dyscalculia, and dysgraphia can learn reading, writing, and math.
Leave with knowledge you can implement the next day to help students in and out of the classroom:
• Improve phonemic awareness, decoding skills, and comprehension.
• Strengthen expressive language skills and written expression.
• Increase writing production and penmanship.
• Learn when and how to use assistive technology.
• Improve math sense.
• Reduce test anxiety.
• Increase processing speed.
• Improve memory.
This program combines lectures, with discussion and hands-on exercises to facilitate every learning style.
Course Objectives are :
• Combine data from recommended evaluations to determine presence of diagnostic criteria as well as underlying characteristics for Dyslexia, Dysgraphia or Dyscalculia.
• Compile a list areas of need for students who struggle in the classroom.
• Choose evidence-based interventions to address needs identified.
• Provide rationale for at least 2 specific activities/interventions that support reading fluency and comprehension, writing mechanics and content, or math calculation and concepts.
• Create a systematic plan of interventions aimed at improving the functioning of a student with Dyslexia, Dyscalculia or Dysgraphia.
• Assess the common causes of Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, and Dyscalculia and when brain development occurs for necessary cognitive skills.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No.||:||(800) 844-8260|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration - Advance Fee||04 Jan,2018||USD 199.99|
|Single Registration - Course Fee||23 Jan,2018||USD 219.99|
|2+ Group Rate: per person - Course Fee||23 Jan,2018||USD 199.99|
|Coordinator - Course Fee||23 Jan,2018||USD 30.00|