Challenging Geriatric Behaviors Course is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Feb 13, 2018 at Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel, Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event for Nurses, Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapy Assistants, Speech-Language Pathologists, Social Workers, Home Healthcare Providers, Nursing Home, Administrators, Registered Dietitians & Dietetic Technicians, Recreation Therapists, Psychologists. This CME Conference has been approved with a maximum of 6.3 contact hours.
Conference Description :
This is the best seminar on challenging geriatric behaviours that you will ever attend - GUARANTEED! Join Steven Atkinson, nationally-known expert, author and speaker on geriatrics, for a high-energy, dynamic seminar filled with interesting case studies, insightful discussions and interactive learning. You will leave this seminar with practical techniques that you can apply the next day!
Dealing with cognitively-impaired geriatric patients can be challenging even for the experienced healthcare professional. You will learn strategies to manage behaviors such as :
• Anxiety and depression
• Refusal of food and fluids
• Inappropriate sexual advances
If older adults are routinely under your care, minimize your risk of escalating the problems associated with troublesome, often irrational behaviour by attending this program. Gain valuable insights into the causes of challenging geriatric behaviours and learn innovative and practical intervention strategies to improve the care you provide.
Conference Objectives are :
• Develop strategies to manage difficult behaviours in seniors who have an altered perception of reality.
• Identify the signs and symptoms of Alzheimer's Disease and other dementias.
• Discuss current research on the prevention of Alzheimer's disease, as well as lifestyle factors to slow the disease progression.
• Summarize the safety issues associated with geriatric patients who drive and identify individuals who pose a safety threat.
• Explain why wandering occurs in individuals with cognitive impairment and develop strategies to minimize or redirect this behaviour.
• Describe the environmental and behavioural causes of agitation.
• Differentiate between appropriate and inappropriate sexual behaviours in individuals with dementia.
• Distinguish between normal sleeping patterns and bedtime issues which could lead to increased health problems.
• Analyze the physical and psychological changes that affect an elder's desire and ability to eat including the changes in nutritional requirements.
• Identify the signs of caregiver stress and develop intervention strategies to prevent burnout.
|Contact No.||:||(800) 844-8260|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration : Advance Fee||24 Jan,2018||USD 199.99|
|Single Registration Fee||12 Feb,2018||USD 219.99|
|2+ Group Rate : per person||12 Feb,2018||USD 199.99|
|5+ Group Rate: per person||12 Feb,2018||USD 189.99|
|Coordinator Fee||12 Feb,2018||USD 30.00|