Pediatric Tongue-and Lip-Ties: Diagnosis and Treatment with Soft-Tissue Lasers (3-Day Hands-On Course)
Pediatric Tongue-and Lip-Ties: Diagnosis and Treatment with Soft-Tissue Lasers (3-Day Hands-On Course) is organized by Tufts University School of Dental Medicine and will be held during Mar 01 - 03, 2018 at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 19 CE Credits.
Course Overview :
In this combination lecture and hands-on course, attendees will be introduced to the concept of laser frenectomies, an increasingly popular method by which dentists and physicians can treat tongue- and lip-ties in their patients.
In this course, attendees will receive an overview of best practices regarding tongue- tie assessment and treatment, and will participate in a hands-on workshop on how to remove tongue-ties through the use of soft-tissue lasers. They will also have the opportunity to watch live video feed of infant frenectomies, as well as hearing from an office administrator about billing and reimbursement issues.
Day 1 of the course will consist of :
· Introduction to laser tie intervention
· Ankyloglossia 101, including its history and impact on newborns, necessary terminology, assessment protocols, and the team approach to intervention
· Information on Oral Physiology, including variations in oral development and specific bodywork interventions to aid Ankyloglossia recovery
Day 2 of the course will consist of :
· Discussion of the potential role of soft tissue lasers in conducting frenectomies, as well as a live video demonstration of supervised frenectomies, which will be conducted in TUSDM clinical space
· Q&A with the instructors and a variety of experts
· Discussion of screening procedures and patient care.
Day 3 of the course will consist of :
· Detailed discussion of laser tissue interaction
· Hands-on workshop on pig jaws
IBCLC's and other non-dentists who are not qualified to use soft-tissue lasers may choose to attend only Days 1 and 2 as observers.
Learning Objectives :
• Understand infant feeding physiology and how tongue- and lip-ties impair infant intake
• Use reliable diagnostic criteria to screen babies for Ankyloglossia
• Understand all of the consequences and benefits of using lasers to release tongue- and lip-ties
• Be able to perform tie releases on infants
• Understand how some structural issues that impact feeding can be addressed with the use of a variety of Bodywork techniques
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No.||:||+1 617-636-6828,
|Registration Type||Due Date||Price|
|Dentist/Physician/Pediatrician/Obstetrician/Osteopath/ENT, Includes Day 3 Workshop Participation - Course Fee||28 Feb,2018||USD 1295.00|
|Dental Assistant/Hygienist/IBCLC/OT/SLP/CST, Observe On All 3 Days - Course Fee||28 Feb,2018||USD 495.00|
|Dental Assistant/Hygienist/IBCLC/OT/SLP/CST, Observe on Days 1 and 2 Only - Course Fee||28 Feb,2018||USD 395.00|