Oppositional, Defiant & Disruptive Children and Adolescents: Non-medication Approaches to the Most Challenging Behaviors is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Feb 20, 2018 at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel South Bend, South Bend, Indiana, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is Counselors, Social Workers, Psychologists, Marriage and Family Therapists, Speech-Language Pathologists Teachers, School Guidance Counselors, Case Managers, Nurses, School Administrators, Educational Paraprofessionals, Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants, Other Helping Professionals that Work with Children. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 6.25 hours of continuing education credits.
Children and adolescents with ODD, ADHD, Asperger’s, anxiety, mood and disruptive disorders provide constant clinical, school and parenting challenges. Attend this seminar and learn new, effective non-medication strategies for your client’s most challenging behaviors including:
• Running out/away
• Refusing to work/help
• Panic/anxiety reactions
• Lack of follow through
• Not following directions
Conference Objectives are :
• Determine behavioral episodes that challenge therapists, educators, professionals and parents.
• Implement proactive strategies and reactive strategies for oppositional, defiant and disruptive children and youth.
• Communicate the difference between behavioral episodes & psychiatric conditions.
• Determine how to do a skilled observation of behavior.
• Practice how to improve your intervention/interview skills with children and youth.
• Implement proactive strategies such as writing a behavior intervention plan and safety plan for home and school.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.