Oppositional, Defiant & Disruptive Children and Adolescents: Non-medication Approaches to the Most Challenging Behaviors is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Feb 14, 2018 at Hilton Palm Springs, Palm Springs, California, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event for Counselors, Social Workers, Psychologists, Marriage and Family Therapists, Speech-Language Pathologists, Teachers, School Guidance Counselors, Case Managers, Nurses, School Administrators, Educational Paraprofessionals, Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants, Other Helping Professionals that Work with Children. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 6.25 hours of continuing education credits.
Course Description :
Children and adolescents with ODD, ADHD, Asperger's, anxiety, mood and disruptive disorders provide constant clinical and parenting challenges. Attend this seminar and learn new, effective non-medication strategies for your clients' most challenging behaviors including :
• Running out/away.
• Refusing to work/help.
• Panic/anxiety reactions.
• Lack of follow through.
• Not following directions.
You will walk away with immediate strategies for out of control behaviors and techniques for emotional regulation along with long-term treatment strategies to help kids at home and school. Scott Walls is a clinical expert and has worked with the most challenging kids both in clinical and school settings. Through the use of case studies and action-oriented handouts, you will leave this seminar with solutions to turn your most challenging kids around.
Course Objectives are :
• Determine behavioral episodes that challenge therapists, educators, professionals and parents.
• Implement proactive strategies and reactive strategies for oppositional, defiant and disruptive children and youth.
• Communicate the difference between behavioral episodes & psychiatric conditions.
• Determine how to do a skilled observation of behavior.
• Practice how to improve your intervention/interview skills with children and youth.
• Implement proactive strategies such as writing a behavior intervention plan and safety plan for home and school.
|Contact No.||:||(800) 844-8260|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration - Advance Fee||25 Jan,2018||USD 199.99|
|Single Registration - Course Fee||13 Feb,2018||USD 219.99|
|2+ Group Rate: per person - Course Fee||13 Feb,2018||USD 199.99|