Nitrous Oxide Psychosedation: Certification Course is organized by University of Florida (UF) and will be held from Nov 09- 10, 2018 at UF Health St. Petersburg Dental Center, Seminole, Florida, United States of America. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 20 Contact Hours.
Course Description :
Nitrous oxide-oxygen sedation properly administered to the conscious child or adult provides an important adjunctive aid to the management of the apprehensive patient. This course is designed to prepare the general dentist and auxiliary to use nitrous oxide psychosedation confidently in the office environment. The didactic and clinical instruction will give the participant a step-by-step procedural approach for the control of anxiety in the conscious patient. The structure of the program will follow the guidelines for an approved office inhalation analgesia course as required by both Florida and Georgia Boards of Dentistry. To meet American Dental Association guidelines, twelve hours of this course will consist of a review of the instructional material, in a home-study format. A pre- and post-test will be given for certification.
Course Objectives :
At the completion of this course, the participant should:
• Know the history and characteristics of Nitrous Oxide Sedation.
• Know the basic respiratory physiology, including the uptake and distribution of gases.
• Know the states of anesthesia and phases of State I Anesthesia.
• Know the pharmacology, and physiology of Nitrous Oxide.
• Know the indications, contraindications, and complications of inhalation analgesia.
• Know the characteristics of the Nitrous Oxide/Oxygen delivery system.
• Know a clinical protocol for the use of Nitrous Oxide/Oxygen Sedation.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No.||:||(352) 273-8480|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Dentists Conference Early Fee||08 Oct,2018||USD 749.00|
|Dentists Conference Regular Fee||08 Nov,2018||USD 799.00|
|Auxiliaries Conference Early Fee||08 Oct,2018||USD 549.00|
|Auxiliarie Conference Regular Fee||08 Nov,2018||USD 599.00|
UF Health St. Petersburg Dental Center
C.W. Bill Young University Partnership Center Building, At St. Petersburg College, 9200 113th St N
Seminole, Florida, United States of America
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach S-Harbourside,
401 2nd St,
Indian Rocks Beach, Florida, United States of America 33785,