New York School of Regional Anesthesia (NYSORA) Ultrasound Guided Regional Anesthesia Boot Camps is organized by New York School of Regional Anesthesia (NYSORA) and will be held during Feb 22 - 23, 2018 at Ziekenhuis Oost-Limburg A. V, Genk, Limbourg, Belgium.
Course Description :
The course is structured to give participants a back-to-back training on all aspects of orthopedic regional anesthesia from premedication, selection of regional anesthesia procedures, regional anesthesia administration, intraoperative management, and postoperative care. The training will fluctuate between interactive didactic lessons in between the cases, to review the pertinent technique details before and after each regional anesthesia procedure. NYSORA’s team will also include an additional expert who will assure that all participants receive sufficient personalized, one-on-one training.
The participants will join NYSORA team administering between 15 and 30 nerve block procedures in patients. The nerve block procedures will include: interscalene blocks, supraclavicular blocks, infraclavicular blocks, auxiliary blocks, high and low fascia iliaca blocks, femoral nerve blocks, femoral triangle and adductor canal blocks, saphenous blocks, sciatic blocks, popliteal blocks, ankle blocks, posterior tibial blocks, femoral blocks, forearm and cutaneous blocks.
Course Objectives are :
• Bullet-proof medical-legal documentation of regional anesthesia procedures.
• Hands-on technique and clinical demonstration of monitoring of peripheral nerve block procedures.
• Demonstration of needle nerve contacts and maneuvers to inject local anesthetic safely.
• Clinical examples (in patients) of local anesthetic distribution that leads to safe and successful peripheral nerve block procedures.
• Step by step standardized approach to most extremity block procedures.
• Selection of specific local anesthetic mixtures and additives for specific patient and surgery scenarios.
• Anatomy pattern recognition in patients and models throughout both days of training.
• Access to a multitude of patient management protocols.
• Understanding of multi-modal analgesia protocols for total knee and total hip arthroplasty.
• 3-D anatomy and NYSORA’s Reverse Ultrasound Anatomy programs.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.