26th Annual Update Neurology 2018 is organized by Harvard Medical School (HMS) and will be held from Oct 08 - 12, 2018 at Royal Sonesta Boston, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is Neurologists, Psychiatrists, Internists, Family Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Residents, Fellows and other medical professionals who want a comprehensive clinical update of state-of-the-art practices for outpatient and inpatient neurology. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 32.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
• Main Course, Neurology 2018: 29.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
• Neurologic Pain Workshop: 3.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Conference Description :
Comprehensive Updates and State-of-the-Art Practices for Outpatient and Inpatient Neurology :
This program provides a comprehensive, evidence-based review of state-of-the-art practices for outpatient and inpatient neurology. Education covers the latest guidelines, clinical strategies, use of imaging and new diagnostic tools (including genetic tests), and recent advances for treatment for a wide array of neurological diseases.
Education is practical and focused on patient outcomes. Led by the foremost authorities in neurology and its subspecialties, the program provides tools to improve your care of patients with common, complex, and rare neurological conditions :
• Multiple Sclerosis.
• N-M Junction Disorders.
• Alzheimer’s Disease.
• Parkinson’s Disease.
• A headache.
• Spinal Cord Neurology.
• Sleep Disorders.
• Movement Disorders.
• Visual Disturbances.
• Autoimmune Neurology.
• Women’s Neurology.
• Neuro-ophthalmological Disorders.
Reasons to Attend :
• The new guidelines for epilepsy, stroke, neuromuscular disorders.
• Comprehensive updates for treatment of neurologic pain.
• Expert instruction for neuro-ophthalmology.
• Expanded options to diagnose and treat dementia.
• Improved management of a headache.
• Best practices for treatment of neurologic autoimmune disorders.
• Steps to ensure delivery of high-quality care in the emergency room and in outpatient settings.
• Techniques to effectively manage epilepsy and psychogenic non-epileptic seizures.
• Best practices in neuro-oncology.
• New insights and best practices for myelopathy and other spinal cord disorders.
• Expanded options to treat movement disorders.
• Updates in sleep medicine.
• State-of-the-art approaches to concussion and coma.
• Expanded options to diagnose and treat the causes of dizziness.
• Alcohol and the nervous system: what we now know.
• Use of genetic tests.
• Optimal use of imaging.
Conference Objectives are :
• Develop strategies to apply updated research and guidelines for common neurological conditions in their care of patients.
• Explain the principles of delivering neurological care in resource-constrained environments.
• Recognize immune-mediated neurological diseases and initiate appropriate therapy.
• Identify the most common causes of cognitive error in the diagnosis and treatment of neurological diseases.
• Identify types of seizures and mimickers of seizures.
• Develop strategies to recognize and treat common and uncommon headache disorders.
• Review strategies to effectively prevent and manage stroke.
• Develop strategies for diagnosing and treating complicated neurologic problems in the outpatient and inpatient settings.
• Recognize and treat causes of dizziness.
NEW | Optional Half-Day Workshop :
State-of-the-Art Treatments of Neurologic Pain :
Friday, October 12, 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
This special workshop teaches state-of-the-art approaches to pain management. You will learn the most current treatments available and receive targeted guidance to optimize your care for your patients with neurologic pain.
Highlights include :
• New treatment options for a chronic migraine.
• Best practices for the care of patients with neck and back pain.
• Updates in the evaluation and treatment of complex regional pain syndrome and other autonomically mediated pain syndromes.
• How, when and why to use local nerve blocks.
• Best ways to partner with an anesthesiologist in treating pain.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Physician - Early Registration Fee||15 Sep,2018||USD 1195.00|
|Physician - Late Registration Fee||07 Oct,2018||USD 1295.00|
|Allied Health Professional - Early Registration Fee||15 Sep,2018||USD 995.00|
|Allied Health Professional - Late Registration Fee||07 Oct,2018||USD 1095.00|
|Residents, Fellows and Trainee - Regular Registration Fee||07 Oct,2018||USD 895.00|
|State-of-the-Art Treatments of Neurologic Pain Workshop Fee||07 Oct,2018||USD 145.00|