Nearing the End of Life: Dare to Care is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Mar 08, 2018 at Comfort Inn Conference Center, Bowie, Maryland, United States of America. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 6.30 Credits.
Course Description :
Eleanor is an 83-year-old widowed lady with known chronic heart failure and advanced dementia. She is now hospitalized with a significant stroke and dysphagia. She does not have a healthcare directive and had never discussed what she would want, other than staying at home until she dies. She is full code. Her family still wants resuscitation attempted. Her children admit they are concerned about what is best for their mother.
What are options for Eleanor and her family? Would she benefit from artificial hydration and nutrition? How is she going to receive medications? Can some of her medications be discontinued? Who is going to be her caregiver?
In this compelling seminar, multiple case studies like Eleanor's will provide you with examples that you can incorporate when care is more important than cure. To deliver expert, holistic care, healthcare professionals need to have a toolbox full of new interventions to promote quality care at the end of life.
Course Objectives :
• Explain how complementary therapies enhance quality of life for patients.
• Evaluate the risks and benefits of medical marijuana.
• Acknowledge the eight domains of the National Consensus Project.
• Recognize two strategies to overcome fear of death.
• Analyze five complications related to artificial hydration and nutrition.
• Explore ethical issues often seen at the end of life.
• Formulate two strategies to diminish fear of death and dying.
• Connect moral resiliency to palliative care.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No.||:||(800) 844-8260|
|Registration Type||Due Date||Price|
|Single Registration Fee||07 Mar,2018||USD 219.99|
|2+ Group Rate : per person - Registration Fee||07 Mar,2018||USD 199.99|
|5+ Group Rate: per person - Registration Fee||07 Mar,2018||USD 189.99|
|Coordinator - Registration Fee||07 Mar,2018||USD 30.00|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration : Advance Fee||16 Feb,2018||USD 199.99|