Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) Certificate Course: 2-Day Experiential Workshop is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held from Oct 11 - 12, 2018 at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee - Brookfield, Brookfield, Wisconsin, United States of America.
In this new experiential two-day workshop, immerse yourself in the entire MBCT curriculum, an 8 session structured program that combines mindfulness and cognitive therapy techniques. MBCT is evidenced based and is an advanced clinical version of the popular Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR).
Expert trainer Dr. Richard Sears will personally guide you step by step through core competencies of MBCT with passion, humor, and wisdom from his 30 years of teaching mindfulness. He will show you have proven strategies for a wide range of psychological disorders, including:
• Chronic pain
• And MORE!
• Compile the underlying mechanisms that make mindfulness techniques effective for stress, depression, anxiety, trauma, pain, and addiction.
• Breakdown the role of thoughts in perpetuating symptoms of stress, anxiety, and depression as it relates to ruminating thoughts and behaviors in clients.
• Describe the brain changes associated with mindfulness practice to explain to clients the scientific effectiveness of practicing mindfulness.
• Connect how mindfulness builds upon and refines the evidence-based principles of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT).
• Incorporate mindfulness practices into traditional CBT thought records to help alleviate clients of intrusive, obsessive-compulsive thoughts.
• Utilize specific mindfulness-based techniques to help clients disengage from the narrative of negative thoughts and emotions.
• Organize the eight-session structure used MBCT program in your own clinical setting.
• Differentiate between the group process in MBCT vs. CBT to avoid clients’ cycles of struggling with distressing thoughts and feelings.
• Practice guiding a client through a 3-minute mindfulness exercise to improve the consistency of conscious choices rather than automatic reactions when distressed.
• Explore the use of decentering skills with a client, in a session, in the reduction of worry and ruminations.
• Apply the three steps of the mindful inquiry process, after the mindfulness exercise is over, to help clients more quickly internalize the skills and attitudes that allow them to let go of struggle and make conscious choices.
• Adapt the MBCT curriculum to different client populations, including children, as it relates to treatment considerations.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||(800) 844-8260|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration - Early Fee||21 Sep,2018||USD 399.99|
|Single Registration - Conference Fee||10 Oct,2018||USD 439.99|
|2+ Group Rate: per person Fee||10 Oct,2018||USD 399.99|