Midwifery in South Africa is organized by Jon Baines Tours Ltd and would be held during Mar 11 - 23, 2018 at Garden Court Sandton City, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa.
Conference Description :
• 11 March (Sun) Johannesburg: Arrive Johannesburg and check into the Garden Court Sandton City Hotel.
In the afternoon visit the Apartheid Museum. Welcome dinner in the evening
• 12 March (Mon) Johannesburg: Drive to Soweto and visit Baragwanath Hospital. Lunch at a shebeen.
Sightseeing tour of Soweto including Baragwanath taxi rank, Freedom Square and Nelson Mandela's former home
• 13 March (Tues) Johannesburg / Timbavati Safari Lodge: Visit Netcare Private Hospital. Drive to Mpumalanga and safari country. Arrive at Timbavati Safari Lodge at at leisure
• 14 March (Wed) Timbavati Safari Lodge: Set out before sunrise in an open top safari vehicle with game rangers to view the 'big five' on a game drive. Bush lunch and return to the lodge in the late afternoon
• 15 March (Thurs) Timbavati Safari Lodge: Full day to explore the stunning Panorama Route including Window, Bourke's Luck Potholes, the Blyde River Canyon, the Three Rondavels and the historic gold rush town of Pilgrims Rest. Boma dinner that evening under the stars
• 16 March (Fri) Timbavati Safari Lodge / Swaziland: Drive into the Royal Kingdom of Swaziland. Arrive and orientation tour of Mbabane.
• 17 March (Sat) Swaziland / Mkuze, Kwa Zulu Natal: Drive into Zululand and continue to the town of Mkuze and the Ghost Mountain Inn. At leisure
• 18 March (Sun) Mkuze, Kwa Zulu Natal: Take a boat trip across Lake Jozini to view elephants and hippos in the water. In the afternoon safari at Mkuze Game Reserve.
• 19 March (Mon) Mkuze, Kwa Zulu Natal: Visit Bethesda Hospital and Mtwazi School. Drive into the Lembombo Mountains and meet Justice Mueni and his family at an authentic Zulu homestead
• 20 March (Tues) Mkuze, Kwa Zulu Natal / Durban: Drive to Durban and visit a maternity department at a local hospital.
• 21 March (Wed) Durban / Cape Town: Morning flight to Cape Town. Braai lunch. Visit Langa, Cape Towns oldest township.
• 22 March (Thurs) Cape Town: A full day tour of the Cape Peninsula starting with a trip up Table Mountain Drive, past the beaches of Clifton and Campus Bay en route to Hout Bay. Continue to the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve. Farewell dinner
• 23 March (Fri) Cape Town: Make your way to the airport for the flight home or extend your stay in Cape Town
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.