Mental Health Awareness Training is organized by Healthcare (HC) - UK Conferences and will be held on Nov 12, 2018 at De Vere West One, London, England, United Kingdom.
This course aims to raise awareness of mental health, and to understand and recognise the causes, symptoms and support options for a range of common mental health problems. The course is for those who would like a better understanding of mental health conditions in adults. No prior training in mental health is required, and this masterclass will be helpful for those who, as part of their work, experience the impact of mental health difficulties on individuals, families and organisations.
The programme will cover:
• What we mean by mental health, stress, emotional distress and diagnosable mental illnesses.
• Models of mental health – normal life experiences, and the personal/social/organisational factors impacting on wellbeing.
• How race, culture and gender impact on our experience of mental health
• The common mental health conditions: signs and symptoms, causes, treatment and support of anxiety, depression, eating disorders, psychosis, self-harm and the risk of suicide.
• What organisations can do for their team members who are struggling
• What individuals can be expected to do for themselves
• What to do when these steps don’t work and the problem worsens
• How legislation and awareness programmes are changing attitudes towards those seeking treatment.
• Attendees will be able to describe the terms “mental health” ,”mental illness” and outline the biopsychosocial concept of mental wellbeing.
• Be aware of, and be able to challenge, common assumptions and prejudices around mental health problems.
• Recognise the signs and symptoms of mental health problems.
• Have a basic knowledge of some key common mental difficulties
• Empathise with those affected by a mental health problem
• Be introduced to basic tools for coping with mental ill health
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No.||:||01932 429933|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|NHS, Social Care and Private Healthcare Organisations Universities - fee||11 Nov,2018||GBP 474.00|
|Voluntary sector and charities - fee||11 Nov,2018||GBP 474.00|
|Commercial organisations - fee||11 Nov,2018||GBP 658.80|