Medicinal Cannabis: Sickle Cell Disease (SCD) is organized by Thomas Jefferson University (TJU) and will be held from May 31, 2018 - May 31, 2020. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
• Explain the efficacy/lack of efficacy of currently approved therapeutic options for sickle cell disease
• Describe the potential benefits of medicinal cannabis in sickle cell disease
• Summarize current evidence both for and against cannabis use in sickle cell disease
• Discuss what endpoints should be measured in a study of medicinal cannabis and sickle cell disease
• Describe relevant research in both preclinical and human studies of cannabis use in sickle cell disease
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Hematology Blood and Marrow Transplant