2-Day: Trauma Competency Conference: The Core Competencies and Treatment Strategies for Trauma, Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Grief and Loss is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held during Feb 19 - 20, 2018 at Residence Inn by Marriott Plainview Long Island, Plainview, New York, United States of America. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 12.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Course Description are:
This two-day seminar delivers the bio-psycho-social aspects of traumatic stress, traumatic grief, & traumatic loss. Mental health professionals are on the front lines and, in many cases, have the initial contact with the individual(s) who have experienced traumatic stress. Clinicians are routinely called upon to serve survivors of major disasters, war, childhood physical and sexual trauma, rape, violent crime, and other forms of traumatic events. Participation in this workshop leads to a holistic and systemic understanding of traumatic stress and provides skills for immediate use in a variety of clinical settings.
How people respond to traumatic stress is an individual matter based on a number of factors including psychological, emotional, social, cultural, biological, spiritual, and familial. The two-day training will involve an analysis of the various defense mechanisms and other coping skills individuals employ during and following the experience of traumatic stress. Key approaches and interventions include:
• Crisis intervention
• Critical incident stress debriefing
• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
• Sensorimotor approaches
Conference Objectives are:
• Determine clearly the nature of traumatic stress, grief, & loss and their sequelae.
• Evaluate the various theoretical models of traumatic stress, grief & loss.
• Analyze traumatic stress, grief & loss from biochemical, psychological, social & spiritual perspectives.
• Explore the key current interventions employed for the treatment of traumatic stress, grief & loss.
• Display the importance of self-regulation for treatment and professional resiliency.
• Analyze the pioneering work that informs evidence-based treatments.
• Breakdown clinical interventions and techniques for the assessment, safety and stabilization, as well as the remembrance and mourning phases of trauma treatment.
• Analyze the changes to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of the APA (DSM-5).
• Incorporate the specified techniques and interventions as demonstrated during the conference to add to your clinical toolbox.
• Determine the potential limitations and applications of needs assessment.
• Teach the 10 core competencies of traumatic stress, grief and loss.
• Generate a framework of healing for survivors of traumatic stress.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No.||:||(800) 844-8260|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration - Standard Fee||18 Feb,2018||USD 429.99|
|Single Registration - Conference Fee||18 Feb,2018||USD 389.99|
|2+ Group Rate: per person - Fee||18 Feb,2018||USD 389.99|