Anxiety Disorders in Children and Adolescents: Recognizing & Treating the Emerging Epidemic is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Feb 23, 2018 at Mankato City Center Hotel, Mankato, Minnesota, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is Social Workers, Psychologists, Counselors, Teachers, School Administrators, Occupational Therapists, Speech-Language Pathologists, Marriage and Family Therapists, Other Helping Professionals Who Work with Children. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 6.25 hours of continuing education credits.
Course Description are :
The increasing rate of stress and trauma to children, which includes divorce, family breakdown, violence in society, the media, and a failing school system, has produced a “shell shocked” generation suffering from anxiety in many cases. The challenge for clinicians is to recognize anxiety in children and help them cope.
Dr. Steve O'Brien will teach you how and why anxiety develops in children and adolescents. She will present practical treatment strategies that can be applied immediately. The seven key anxiety disorders along with case examples to be addressed include:
• Separation anxiety disorder
• Panic disorder
• Overanxious disorder
• Obsessive-compulsive disorder
• Social anxiety disorder
• Post-traumatic stress disorder
Other co-occurring disorders (e.g. behavior problems, medical conditions, depression, ADHD, learning disabilities, selective mutism) will also be discussed. Emphasis will be on creative interventions involving insight-oriented, cognitive-behavioral, biological, mindfulness, expressive arts and family systems approaches.
Conference Objectives are :
• Apply the “Three Ingredients” framework for understanding how, why and when anxiety occurs in children.
• Draw from 10 specific stress-management strategies to target the "when" factor in child and adolescent anxiety.
• Recommend 8 steps teachers can take to reduce anxiety in the classroom.
• Implement at least one effective treatment strategy for each of the 7 key anxiety disorders.
• Designate 3 steps that schools can take to create a safe, calm environment for meeting the needs of anxious students.
• Create a therapeutic alliance with parents to improve the effectiveness of child therapy.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No.||:||(800) 844-8260|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration - Early Fee||03 Feb,2018||USD 199.99|
|Single Registration - Conference Fee||22 Feb,2018||USD 219.99|
|2+ Group Rate: per person - Fee||22 Feb,2018||USD 199.99|