PBI Medical Ethics and Professionalism Course - Chiropractor Edition is organized by Professional Boundaries, Inc. (PBI) and will be held on Mar 10, 2018 at Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Airport West, East Point, Georgia, United States of America. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 15 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
This course goal is to re-establish a firm ethical foundation, including an ethical protection plan, for professionals who have been investigated for ethical violations by state regulatory boards and/or professional associations.
Course Objectives are:
With this class, you will learn to:
• Gain an understanding of moral authority and ethical decision making.
• Understand the relationship between ethical content and ethical process.
• Review codes and laws relevant to their specific offense.
• Communicate the harm done from ethical / legal violations.
• Identify and define violation potentials for ethical issues utilizing the Ethics Formula.
• Create an Ethics Protection Plan to maintain and safeguard professional ethics.
• Learn to utilize peer group discussions for ethical dilemma resolution.
Upon completion, participants will:
• Comply with standards of practice, codes of ethics, and state statutes
• Improve clinical decision making by minimizing negative influencers
• Adhere to professional ethics with resultant improvements in professional-patient interaction, which can improve clinical outcomes
• Reduce their potential transgressions through the development of systems that can be implemented into clinical practice
• Become aware of the early warning signs indicative of ethical dilemmas and boundary problems
• Create and implement a tiered Protection Plan to maintain appropriate boundaries
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.