Mastering Lab Interpretation and The Implications for Patient Care is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Feb 14, 2018 at Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort, Anaheim, California, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event for Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Clinical Nurse Specialists, Physician Assistants. This CME Conference has been approved with a maximum of 6.3 contact hours.
Conference Description :
Attend this interactive seminar and leave with true integrative understanding of lab results and patient outcomes. Be a CLINICIAN, not a TECHNICIAN… be PROactive, not REactive! Learn the hidden clinical clues of labs and empower yourself to change lives as a situationally aware patient advocate powerhouse!
Join Sean G. Smith as she demystifies both the common and less frequently seen lab values. You will explore a large variety of labs, why they are ordered, and what the results tell us about your patients. By understanding the clues that these values give you, you can utilize critical thinking to proactively plan the course of care and optimize patient outcomes.
Conference Objectives are :
• Evaluate the results of Coagulation Studies (PT/INT and PTT).
• Analyze a Complete Blood Count with Differential and discuss clinical applications (Anemias, Left Shifts, Infections, etc.).
• Recognize the clinical implications of metabolic panels.
• Distinguish between life-threatening electrolyte imbalances, as well as potential causes and remedies.
• Predict renal function based on BUN, Creatinine, BUN/CR ratio, and GFR.
• Interpret cardiac panel results in a suspected acute myocardial infarction.
• Analyze blood gases and pertinent clinical implications.
• Differentiate between bacterial meningitis and viral meningitis based on lumbar puncture findings.
• Recognize the key clinical indicators and implications for infection on a urinalysis.
|Contact No.||:||(800) 844-8260|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration : Advance Fee||25 Jan,2018||USD 199.99|
|Single Registration Fee||13 Feb,2018||USD 219.99|
|2+ Group Rate : per person||13 Feb,2018||USD 199.99|
|5+ Group Rate: per person||13 Feb,2018||USD 189.99|
|Coordinator Fee||13 Feb,2018||USD 30.00|