Maintenance of Certification in Anesthesiology (MOCA) is organized by Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC) and will be held on Apr 14, 2018 at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is Anesthesiologists. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 7.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Course Description :
The eight-hour course follows the requirements of the ASA Committee on Simulation Education. Participants will practice individually and in teams to manage a series of simulated events in a variety of patient care settings. Course faculty will include at least two board-certified anesthesiologists experienced in simulation-based training.
Participants will have an orientation to the simulation equipment before providing care to simulated patients. Each participant will take the lead as the primary decision maker on at least one simulated event. Simulations typically include the use of a high-fidelity patient simulator (such as Laerdal SimMan 3G™) as well as simulated clinicians and/or patients (actors with scripted roles) and routine clinical equipment.
Conference Objectives are:
• Manage a patient undergoing anesthesia who experiences a hemodynamic critical event.
• Manage a patient undergoing anesthesia who experiences a respiratory critical event.
• Describe and discuss optimal teamwork, leadership and communicatin skills required during crisis management.
• Perform an effective handover.
Course Highlights are :
• Your performance will not be graded. THIS IS NOT A TEST.
• Experiential learning: You will be in the “hot seat” as the primary anesthesiologist for at least one scenario.
• Small course size: 4-6 participants with 2-3 instructors per course.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No.||:||(615) 936-2454|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Conference Fee||20 Apr,2018||USD 1600.00|