Lung in a day - 1 Day POCUS Course is organized by Ultrasound Training Solutions and will be held on Mar 01, 2018 at Ultrasound Training Solutions, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
Take a breath of fresh air and join us for our Lung in a day (LUNG) POCUS course. This focused course has been designed specifically to provide you with the skills and knowledge to gain confidence and accuracy in your scanning and identify an artifact from an alternate fact. Suitable for all candidates hands on time is the focus with a 1:3/2:3 ratio of time dedicated to theory/practical. And if you are looking to gain recognition for your skills, this course meets ASUM CCPU requirements for the Lung unit and can serve as a launching point for you achieving your credentials.
This course is overseen by Dr. Adam Bystrzycki, and Dr. Jack Spencer consultant emergency physicians, with the involvement of some of Australia's leading emergency medicine practitioners.
Course objectives :
• Modify ultrasound system controls to attain basic practical proficiency in image optimisation to facilitate accurate diagnosis
• Demonstrate an understanding of the sonographic appearances of relevant anatomy, physiology and pathology
• Identify, distinguish, and demonstrate a practical understanding of
• Normal surface anatomy and artifacts: chest wall, ribs and costal cartilages, visceral and parietal pleura,
• Pleural space, lungs, diaphragm, liver, spleen, and heart.
• Pleural effusions and types of fluid collection
• Pneumothorax and other causes of absent lung sliding
• Pulmonary oedema and the differences between cardiogenic and inflammatory causes of oedema
• Pulmonary fibrosis and consolidation
• Paralysed hemidiaphragm
• Discuss the clinical role, practical applications and limitations of ultrasound assessment
ACEM | Lung in a day - Ultrasound Training Solutions is accredited for 7 ACEM CPD hours and Procedural Skills Maintenance
ACRRM | 30 PRPD & 30 Radiology MOPS points. Grant eligible Anaesthetics, Obstetrics, Emergency Medicine, Surgery
ASUM | CCPU Accredited Units: Lung
RACGP | Activity Number: 95618, 40 Category 1 points. Eligible for Procedural and Training Grants
Approved by ACRRM and RACGP for the Rural Procedural Grants Program - GPs can receive $2000 per day for a maximum of 10 days of training per financial year, GPs providing hospital based emergency services can receive up to three days of eligible training per financial year.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.