Legal and Ethical Issues for Mental Health Clinicians is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Feb 16, 2018 at DoubleTree by Hilton Salt Lake City Airport, Salt Lake City, Utah, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is Counselors, Social Workers, Psychologists, Case Managers, Addiction Counselors, Therapists, Marriage & Family Therapists, Other Mental Health Professionals, Nurses. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 6.25 hours of continuing education credits.
Conference Description :
Join Susan Lewis, psychologist and attorney, for this must-attend seminar that will prepare you for litigation issues which can put your client, your license and your practice at risk. You will learn how to structure your practice to limit exposure of risk, as well as discover simple records, notes and actions that will protect you in the event of a complaint. Susan will provide you with the following take-home tools to minimize risk:
• Updates on HIPAA and Utah laws and regulations
• Risk management strategies
• How to avoid litigation dilemmas, complaints and malpractice actions
• Best practices in the professional relationship, informed consent and office policies
You will learn through problem-solving discussions that are representative of actual ethical decisions you encounter in your clinical practice. The blending of Susan’s experience as a lawyer, work within the court system and extensive clinical experiences makes her a hands-on, knowledgeable instructor!
Conference Objectives are :
• Specify the best practices in the professional relationship; informed consent, office policies and Utah limits on confidentiality.
• Compile updates on HIPAA and Utah laws and regulations.
• Determine risk management strategies in clinical practice.
• Communicate how to avoid litigation dilemmas, licensing complaints and malpractice actions.
• Analyze the Utah legal system to better your understanding.
• Explore the differences for treatment of minors.
|Contact No.||:||(800) 844-8260|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration Conference Fee||15 Feb,2018||USD 219.99|
|2 Group Rate: per person Fee||15 Feb,2018||USD 199.99|