Intensive Course in Controlled Substance Prescribing: Pain, Anxiety, Insomnia (Jun 4 - 6, 2018)
Intensive Course in Controlled Substance Prescribing: Pain, Anxiety, Insomnia is organized by Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine (CWRU) and will be held during Jun 4 - 6, 2018 at George S. Dively Conference Center, Cleveland, Ohio, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is physicians in all specialties who need or wish to increase their knowledge and ability to effectively prescribe controlled medications that have abuse potential. In addition, the course is designed for physicians who treat chronic pain syndromes. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 24.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Conference Objectives are :
• Describe the pharmacologic profiles of benzodiazepines, opiates and othercontrolled drugs
• Identify the diagnostic criteria and management strategies for acute and chronic pain, anxiety disorder, insomnia, depression and substance abuse
• Employ interviewing techniques relating to the diagnosis and management of substance abuse in general and prescription drug abusers in particular
• Discuss case management strategies for the above diagnoses
• Discuss beliefs, stereotypes, and attitudes about controlled substance prescribing, controlled drug abusers and chemical dependency, and consider the therapeutic implications of treatments based upon these beliefs
• List the special clinical requirements necessary when prescribing controlled drugs
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Conference Fee||03 Jun,2017||USD 1350.00|