Immunophenotyping: Generation and Analysis of Immunological Datasets is organized by Wellcome Genome Campus and will be held during Feb 18 - 24, 2018 at Wellcome Genome Campus, Cambridge, England, United Kingdom.
Across all biological sciences, technological advances result in more ambitious projects and larger datasets. This course will demonstrate how to take common immunological techniques to the next level by combining them with semi-automated and automated analysis methods and using appropriate statistical analysis pipelines.
This practical, laboratory-based course is suited to Ph.D. students and postdocs who would like to get more out of the experiments they perform and make sure their data analysis has a sound basis.
Participants will receive training in how to set up an immunological phenotyping experiment and will gain hands-on experience in a number of immunological techniques suitable for large-scale phenotyping. Using the data generated during the course, we will explore manual, semi-automated and automated analysis approaches and relevant statistics for different data sets and discuss benefits and challenges. All experiments will be conducted on samples from a knockout strain which the participants will identify at the end of the course.
Conference Objectives are :
• Measure antinuclear antibodies in serum
• Assess degranulation of cytotoxic cells
• Prepare and stain skin samples for use on a confocal microscope
• Use basic algorithms to analyze 3D confocal data in different software programmes
• Employ a high-throughput approach to large-scale sample preparation of blood, spleen, and bone marrow for flow-cytometric analysis
• Analyse and interpret high-dimensional flow cytometry data
• Use appropriate statistical tests to analyze data generated during the course
• Explain how sources of variation can impact data
• Manage sources of variation through experimental design
• Assess when multiple testing will lead to false positives
• Develop a work plan for analyzing mice at their home institution
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.