HMX Physiology and HMX Biochemistry is organized by Harvard Medical School (HMS) and will be held during Apr 03 - Jun 15, 2018.
Who should take HMX courses?
HMX courses are suitable for anyone interested in medicine or a career in health care:
• College students interested in medicine or anyone who is considering applying to medical school
• Individuals interested in pursuing training for other health care careers—including PA programs, nursing programs, pharmacy programs and programs for other related health care professions—who want to raise their understanding to the next level
• High school students who are interested in medicine and want to challenge themselves
• Professionals looking to improve knowledge for work on health care applications, projects, and research
• Curious learners with sufficient prerequisites (biology, chemistry, physics) who want to learn more
Course Description :
Most disease processes have a physical and a molecular basis. With this course bundle, you will gain an understanding of how the basic sciences relate directly to the practice of medicine.
Learn foundational concepts in physiology and see how the material is used in taking care of patients. This course focuses on principles that are important for understanding multiple organ systems and covers Partial Pressure, Movement of Body Fluids, Flow Through Tubes, Compliance, Supply and Demand, Transmural Pressure, Dynamic and Steady State Conditions, Acid–Base, Homeostasis, and Exercise – Integration. A solid understanding of physiology is important to practicing medicine, and HMX Physiology brings an added dimension even if you are already taking a standard physiology or combined anatomy & physiology course.
Learn foundational concepts in biochemistry and gain a new appreciation for how this field applies to human health and disease. This course focuses on the foundational principles and themes in biochemistry, spanning from the molecular up to the whole organism. Lessons include an Overview of Biochemistry, The Rules of Energy, How Energy is Harnessed, How Energy is Transformed, How Cells Compartmentalize, How Cells Specialize, How Cells Communicate, and The Chemistry of Life. A solid understanding of biochemical principles is essential for the practice of medicine, because so many different diseases and therapies have a basis in chemistry and the interactions of molecules.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Course Fee Details
|Course Fee||:||USD $1000.00|
|Early Fee Last date||:||NA|