HMX Immunology is organized by Harvard Medical School (HMS) and will be held from Aug 28 - Nov 09, 2018.
Who should take HMX courses?
HMX courses are suitable for anyone interested in medicine or a career in health care:
• College students interested in medicine or anyone who is considering applying to medical school
• Individuals interested in pursuing training for other health care careers-including PA programs, nursing programs, pharmacy programs and programs for other related healthcare professions-who want to raise their understanding to the next level
• High school students who are interested in medicine and want to challenge themselves
• Professionals looking to improve knowledge for work on health care applications, projects, and research
• Curious learners with sufficient prerequisites (biology, chemistry, physics) who want to learn more
Course Description :
Learn foundational concepts in immunology and gain a basis for understanding a broad range of medical conditions. This course focuses on principles important for understanding innate and adaptive immunological responses. Lessons include an Overview of Immunology and the Immune System, Innate Immunity and Inflammation, Microbial Recognition and Responses, Antibodies – Structure and Function, Lymphocyte Development and Diversity, T Cell Activation by Antigens, T Cell-Dependent B Cell Responses, Helper and Cytotoxic T Cells, Failures of the Immune System, and Novel Immune Therapies. A solid understanding of immunology is becoming increasingly important in medicine, as more therapies target the immune system and more diseases are known to have an immunologic basis.
In HMX Immunology, you’ll learn about the processes that enable our immune systems to respond to evolving threats, and learn about new, immunology-based disease treatments.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Course Fee Details
|Course Fee||:||USD $800.00|
|Early Fee Last date||:||NA|