Gynaecological Endoscopic Surgical Education and Assessment (GESEA) Certification Session - Level 1 (Dec 14, 2018)
Gynaecological Endoscopic Surgical Education and Assessment (GESEA) Certification Session - Level 1 is organized by The European Academy of Gynaecological Surgery (EAGS) and will be held on Dec 14, 2018 at Department of Public Health - Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy.
The Gynaecological Endoscopic Surgical Education and Assessment (GESEA) programme is a structured diploma programme for Gynaecological Endoscopy. It trains and certifies knowledge and practical skills prior to surgical competence, and is the official diploma programme of the European Society for Gynaecological Endoscopy (ESGE).
The GESEA programme follows the European-American Joint Recommendation stating that each hospital teaching endoscopic surgery should make available an endoscopic dry lab for training and improving the proficiency of the endoscopic surgery skills of the physician.
The GESEA programme is coping with some of the current issues related to endoscopic surgery like:
• Excessive long learning curves in the conventional apprentice-tutor model and limited amount of endoscopic interventions in the teaching hospitals.
• Absence of dry labs for endoscopic surgery and limited accessibility of specific learning programmes.
• Absence of a universal accepted validated system of certification.
Level 1 - Bachelor in Endoscopy Certificate :
Knowledge Acquisition :
Subscribe to the Winners E-Learning platform and complete the theoretical tutorials and quizzes of the Bachelor level.
Practical Skill Training :
Perform practical skill training according by using the GESEA tools during courses at the Academy, or in other GESEA Training or Diploma Centres, and during ESGE congresses or events for residents and inexperienced endoscopic surgeons.
Take the GESEA Level 1 Bachelor exam at an accredited GESEA Diploma Centre. The certification session consists of (1) a theoretical exam, TESTT1, which contains 50 multiple choice questions on instrumentation, OR organisation, anatomy, different endoscopic techniques and complication management, and (2) three practical exams, LASTT, SUTT1 and HYSTT1.
Prerequisites for Bachelor Certification :
• Winners E-Learning Bachelor Certificate of Completion
• When applying for a level 1 certification, submit your Certificate of Completion together with your application or bring it with you at the certification session.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||+32 (0) 16 629 629
Course Fee Details
|Early Fee Last date||:||NA|