Future Surgeons : Key Skills - Edinburgh (Feb 16, 2018)
Future Surgeons : Key Skills is organized by The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (RCSEd) and will be held on Feb 16, 2018 at Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom.
The target audience for this medical event for Medical Students and FY1 doctors. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 6 CPD Points.
Course Overview :
This one-day course was designed to address the lack of structured basic surgical skills training courses for medical students intending to follow a career in surgery. It aims to introduce participants to safe basic surgical techniques that are common to all surgical practices. This is a practical course with a high tutor to participant ratio. It is delivered using a series of tutor demonstrations and hands-on sessions where participants work on animal tissue. Tuition and supervision is provided throughout by expert surgeons. Aimed at Medical Students and FY1's.
Aims and Objectives :
This one-day course was designed to address a lack of structured basic surgical skills training courses for medical students intending to follow a career in surgery. It aims to introduce participants to safe basic surgical techniques that are common to all surgical practices.
Learning Outcomes :
On completion of the course, participants should be able to:
• Demonstrate safe practice when gowning and gloving;
• Handle commonly used surgical instruments in a safe and effective manner;
• Create secure 'Reef' and 'Surgeons' knots;
• Pick up and safely drive a needle through tissue with accurate bite placement;
• Perform an interrupted suture to close a wound;
• Demonstrate the steps for excising a skin lesion under local anaesthesia;
• Excise a sebaceous cyst;
• Drain a superficial abcess;
• Perform the steps to debride a traumatic wound;
• Perform basic techniques used for endoscopy;
• Explain the principles of using safe diathermy.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No.||:||+44 (0)131 527 1600|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Course Fee||15 Feb,2018||GBP 110.00|
|RCSEd Affiliate Members Course Fee||15 Feb,2018||GBP 95.00|