Fundamentals in Wound Care is organized by National Baromedical Services (NBS) and will be held during May 04 - 05, 2018 at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Columbia Downtown/The Vista, Columbia, South Carolina, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is physicians, nurses, and other health care regarding the principles and practices involved in the assessment and management of patients with complicated or chronic wounds. The course offers an actual in-class, hands-on lab experience, to include, surgical debridement, Semmes Weinstein monofilament exam for LOPS, ABI testing and multi-layer compression dressing applications. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 13.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Course Description :
This course has been formally approved through accredited providers as an education program. Healthcare professionals who meet other eligibility requirements may use the hours completed during this course towards reaching the total number required to sit for wound certification examinations. This course alone will not provide the total number of hours necessary to meet eligibility requirements when using the experiential option. Since there are many choices available, healthcare providers planning to obtain wound certification are encouraged to verify criteria specific to the organization for which they intend to apply beforehand.
Course Topics :
• Physiology of Normal Wound Repair: Healing Impediments
• Venous Stasis Ulcer Evaluation and Management
• Arterial Insufficiency Ulcer Evaluation and Management
• Diabetic Wounds of the Lower Extremity Evaluation and Management
• Pressure Ulcer Evaluation and Management
• Non-Surgical Wound Management Options: Topical Agents and Wound Dressings
• Debridement Overview
• Debridement Skills Lab
• Growth Factors, Cellular and/or Tissue Based Products
• Nutritional Evaluation and Optimization
• Reimbursement; Coding; Compliance
• Pathways to Certification
• Additional Skills Lab: A hands-on practicum lab including dressing application, debridement, Semmes Weinstein monofilament exam for LOPS, ABI testing and multi-layer compression dressings
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.