Foundation of Gastrointestinal Surgery Course by RCSEd
Foundation of Gastrointestinal Surgery Course is organized by The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (RCSEd) and will be held during Nov 10 - 11, 2018 at Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom.
The target audience for this medical event is 4th and 5th year Medical Students and Foundation Doctors. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 12 CPD Points.
Conference Overview :
This course has been developed to address an area of knowledge and non-technical skills that are not currently covered in undergraduate teaching curriculums as well as in early years of training. This is a new two-day course with an interactive discussion of common GI conditions in the context of applied basic sciences, basic explanation and videos of relevant surgical procedures, followed by MCQ style questions after each topic. There will be also a small group practice on case scenarios to stimulate problem-based learning and interactive discussion with peers followed by feedback from the tutor. Additionally, there will be the interactive virtual clinical case which includes choosing the appropriate treatment option in a complex scenario.
Aims & Objectives
To cover common gastrointestinal surgical procedures with emphasis on:
• Surgical anatomy
• Preoperative work up
• Key operative steps
• Early recognition of post-operative complications
• Apply the knowledge gained duing the course in clinical scenarios.
By the end of the course, the participants should:
• Have the better understanding of the key surgical procedures in gastrointestinal surgery.
• Have knowledge of surgical anatomy as related to covered procedures.
• Able to understand the rationale for using surgical intervention in treating patients and how choice is made between different surgical options.
• Be competent in the pre-operative workup for surgical patients.
• Understands key facts to be covered in consent.
• Be able of early recognition of early postoperative complications.
• Practice the knowledge acquired during the course in clinical scenarios.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No.||:||+44 (0)131 527 1600|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Conference Fee||09 Nov,2018||GBP 95.00|
|RCSEd Members/Affiliates - Conference Fee||09 Nov,2018||GBP 80.00|