Expanded Duty Dental Assistant (EDDA) (Nov 09 - 11, 2018)
Expanded Duty Dental Assistant (EDDA) is organized by LSU Health New Orleans Continuing Dental Education and will be held from Nov 09 - 11, 2018 at Louisiana State University School of Dentistry, New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is dental assistants - who have a minimum of six months' chair side dental assisting experience. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 24 hours clinical CDE credit.
Course Description :
This course is designed to provide dental assistants - who have a minimum of six months' chair side dental assisting experience - with the knowledge and skills they need to perform expanded duty dental assisting functions as specified by Louisiana law. Hands-on exercises will be performed in the laboratory to reinforce the didactic material presented in the lectures. Each participant will be given and must pass a post-course examination to determine his or her qualifications.
Conference Objectives are:
• Describe the limitations and uses of coronal polishing technique as contrasted with a prophylaxis.
• Name and describe the groups of extrinsic and intrinsic stains on dentition.
• Describe the use and, care and lubrication of the right angle handpiece.
• Identify and describe the function of the instruments and materials used in coronal polishing.
• Demonstrate coronal polishing.
• Name the instruments and materials for suturing.
• Demonstrate the process of removing sutures with a sterile technique.
• Describe the process of placing a medicated dressing postoperative.
• Explain the cause and treatment of alveolar osteitis.
• Describe post-operative instructions to a patient for home care.
• Identify the types and uses of dental liners.
• Demonstrate the placement of a cavity liner.
• Identify the parts of the Tofflemire matrix retainer.
• Demonstrate preparing, placing, wedging and removing a Tofflemire matrix retainer.
• Identify the sequences of steps in the placement of an anterior restoration; and placement of pit and fissure sealant.
• Demonstrate the etching of a posterior tooth prior to the placement of pit and fissure sealant.
• List three methods used for gingival retraction.
• Demonstrate gingival retraction using the chemical method.
• Demonstrate the removal of the retraction cord.
• Describe the manipulation and use of periodontal surgical dressing.
• Demonstrate the mixing and placement of the periodontal dressing.
• Demonstrate the removal of the periodontal dressing.
• Describe the indications for use of nitrous oxide.
• Describe the contraindication for use of nitrous oxide.
• Identify the levels of sedation.
• Knowledgeable of the safety features of the nitrous Unit.
• Understand technique of application and monitoring nitrous oxide.
• Demonstrate the application of pit and fissure sealants.
• Demonstrate the preparation needed for the placement of sealants.
• Demonstrate the knowledge of dental anatomy.
• Understand the purpose of a temporary crown.
• Identify the different types of temporary crowns.
• Fabricate a custom temporary crown.
• Knowledgeable of proper armamentarium needed for fabrication of a temporary crown.
• Demonstrate placement of temporary filling.
• Understand the use of rubber dam and the isolation of teeth
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Conference Fee||08 Nov,2018||USD 650.00|