Essential Surgical Skills Course for Postgraduates 2018
Essential Surgical Skills Course for Postgraduates is organized by Dundee Institute for Healthcare Simulation University of Dundee and will be held during Jan 22 - 23, 2018 at Cuschieri Skills Centre, Dundee City, Scotland, United Kingdom.
Course Description :
This two day course is designed to provide training on essential surgical skills for postgraduates in all surgical specialties. The intended students are the foundation year doctors who are interested in surgery and core surgical trainees etc. It is an essential surgical skills course and the content of the programme matches the requirement of the need in any surgical specialty and the criteria of the core skills in MRCS exam. There is ample time for hands-on practice whilst in the Cuschieri Skills Centre. The course is developed and taught by Consultant Surgeons and Senior Specialist Registrars.
• Principles of hand washing, scrubbing, gowning
• Creation of sterile field
• Administration of local anaesthesia
• Safe handling of surgical instruments
• Range and choice of material for suture and ligation
• Range of knot tying skills
• Range of suturing techniques
• Wound management skills
• Safe use of electrosurgery
• Non-technical skills for surgeons
• Abdominal incision and closure
• Chest drain insertion
• Cytology and biopsy techniques
• Ergonomic principles in laparoscopic surgery and practice
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No.||:||+44 (0)1382 383300,
+44 1382 383400
Conference Fee Details
|Conference Fee||:||GBP £475.00|
|Early Fee Last date||:||NA|