15th Annual UC Davis Emergency Medicine Update Hot Topics is organized by UC Davis Conference and Event Services (CES), UC Davis Health and will be held from Nov 06 - 10, 2018 at Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui, Maui, Hawaii, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is practitioners who provide care in urgent and emergent settings, including physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, and pharmacists.This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 20.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Why You Should Attend:
Health care is changing rapidly. Urgent and emergent conditions require rapid, accurate diagnosis and treatment decisions. This educational activity provides an opportunity for practitioners to learn about current and progressive trends in the practice of emergent, urgent, and critical care. The course provides a setting where attendees will practice their own decision-making and manual skills with concurrent feedback and instruction.
This course is designed to change practitioner competencies in intoxications, envenomations, non-accidental trauma, hand emergencies, splinting techniques, airway management with state of the art technology, pediatric care, point-of-care ultrasound, pediatric trauma, EKG interpretation, resuscitation, and imaging in abdominal emergencies.
Interactive lectures with expert panels will be utilized to facilitate dissemination of cutting-edge information.
• Case studies and discussions will highlight conditions that are challenging in clinical practice.
• Expert panel discussions will provide an opportunity for experts to present differing viewpoints on audience-driven topics.
• Hands-on skill workshops allow attendees to develop technical skills with eal time feedback and instruction.
At the end of the activity, participants should be able to:
• Apply pertinent medical knowledge in adult and pediatric diagnosis and treatment.
• Discuss current topics in pediatric care including trauma evaluation, pediatric life support, and UTI.
• Explain the management of patients with abdominal pain, pediatric trauma, airway emergencies, aortic catastrophes, hand emergencies, abnormal EKGs, pediatric trauma, and abnormal vital signs.
• Perform a variety of hand splinting techniques.
• Identify life-threatening EKG patterns.
• Utilize appropriate antibiotics in the modern era of resistance.
• Interpret high sensitivity troponin in clinical practice
|Contact No. :||5307473855
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Physician Regular Fee||05 Nov,2018||USD 851.00|
|Physician Onsite Fee||06 Nov,2018||USD 901.00|
|Other Health-care professional Regular Fee||05 Nov,2018||USD 710.00|
|Other Health-care professional Onsite Fee||06 Nov,2018||USD 760.00|