Dyslexia, Dyscalculia & Dysgraphia - An Integrated Approach
Dyslexia, Dyscalculia & Dysgraphia - An Integrated Approach is organized by Texas Children's Hospital and will be held on Jul 14 or 15, 2018 at Texas Children's Hospital - Feigin Center, Houston, Texas, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is Psychologists, Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapy Assistants, Social Workers, Other Professions. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 6.25 hours of continuing education credits.
Leave with knowledge you can implement the next day to help students in and out of the classroom :
• Improve phonemic awareness, decoding skills, and comprehension
• Strengthen expressive language skills and written expression
• Increase writing production and penmanship
• Learn when and how to use assistive technology
• Improve math sense
• Reduce test anxiety
• Increase processing speed
• Improve memory
• Combine data from recommended evaluations to determine presence of diagnostic criteria as well as underlying characteristics for Dyslexia, Dysgraphia or Dyscalculia.
• Compile a list areas of need for students who struggle in the classroom.
• Choose evidence-based interventions to address needs identified.
• Provide rationale for at least 2 specific activities/interventions that support reading fluency and comprehension, writing mechanics and content, or math calculation and concepts.
• Create a systematic plan of interventions aimed at improving the functioning of a student with Dyslexia, Dyscalculia or Dysgraphia.
• Assess the common causes of Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, and Dyscalculia and when brain development occurs for necessary cognitive skills.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Texas Children's Hospital - Feigin Center
1102 Bates Ave, 1st floor conference room
Houston, Texas, United States of America
At Nominal Fares
Find Low Cost
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine