An Intensive 2-Day Workshop on: Treating Anxiety Disorders in Children & Adolescents is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held during Feb 22 - 23, 2018 at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is Social Workers, Psychologists, Counselors, Teachers, School Administrators, Occupational Therapists, Speech-Language Pathologists, Marriage and Family Therapists, Other Helping Professionals who Work with Children. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 12.5 contact hours.
Course Description are :
Divorce, family breakdown, violence in society and the media, has produced a “shell-shocked” generation of kids suffering from anxiety!
Join anxiety expert, Dr. Paul Foxman, who will demonstrate how you can “connect” with anxious children and inspire them to practice new self-regulation skills. You will learn how to help parents (“bulldozers”, “helicopters” and “snowplows”) and schools to gain confidence, gratification and success in helping their most anxious kids.
To increase your effectiveness with the various manifestations of child anxiety, Dr. Foxman will address each of the following disorders with case examples and clinical vignettes:
• Separation Anxiety Disorder
• Panic Disorder
• Generalized Anxiety Disorder
• Obsessive-compulsive disorders (including skin picking and hair pulling)
• Social Anxiety Disorder/Selective Mutism
• Specific phobias
• Trauma- and Stressor-related disorders
Emphasis will be on creative psychotherapy involving insight-oriented, cognitive-behavioral, biological, mindfulness, and family systems interventions.
Conference Objectives are :
• Stimulate the “Three Ingredients” framework to explain how anxiety develops in children and adolescents.
• Critique the role of family, schools, media, and global events in contributing to anxiety.
• Apply fun, engaging therapy activities to motivate your clients to change for each anxiety disorder.
• Apply a semi-structured child interview tips to develop targeted treatment plans.
• Verify four behavioral health recommendations to help all clients.
• Rate the pros and cons of prescription drugs and complementary medicine for anxiety.
• Assess how to manage ethical risks with families of divorce.
• Implement a three-step process for teaching stress management skills to young clients.
• Apply group therapy activities to reduce social anxiety.
• Detect the “Floating Technique” for panic anxiety.
• Produce exposure interventions to treat OCD, separation anxiety, social anxiety and phobias.
• Design anxiety reduction techniques to yourself to be a motivating role model.
|Contact No.||:||(800) 844-8260|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration - Early Fee||02 Feb,2018||USD 429.99|
|Single Registration - Conference Fee||21 Feb,2018||USD 389.99|
|2+ Group Rate: per person - Fee||21 Feb,2018||USD 389.99|