Definitive Surgical Trauma Skills (DSTS) is organized by The Royal College of Surgeons (RCS) of England and will be held during Feb 15 - 16, 2018 at Manchester Surgical Skills & Simulation Centre, Manchester, England, United Kingdom.
The target audience for this medical event is ST5-8. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 12.00 CPD Points.
Conference Description :
This practical two-day course teaches you how to make life-saving surgical decisions and perform under pressure in a trauma and emergency environment.
You will learn about decision-making, epidemiology and emerging technologies, as well as covering the essentials of the relevant surgical anatomy via demonstrations using unembalmed cadavers.
Participants should have a good understanding of ATLS and critical care principles and experience of managing trauma both frequently and infrequently. You will cover a variety of topics during this course, including :
• Closure and drains
• Pulmonary injuries
• Renal injury
• Subclavian injuries and axillary injuries
• The damage control philosophy
• Trauma laparotomy
• Vascular didactic
Conference Objectives are :
• Work under pressure in a trauma and emergency environment, making life-saving decisions
• Demonstrate knowledge in the different surgical exposures for thoracic, abdominal and vascular injuries and their repair
• Review the Damage Control Philosophy
• Make informed decisions involving endovascular stenting in thoracic trauma
• Review cardiothoracic and thoracic trauma scenarios
• Discuss the effect of ballistics
• Carry out a range of procedures, including :
> Left anterolateral thoracotomy and clamshell thoracotomy
> Repair of atrial and ventricular injuries
> Damage Control vascular techniques
> Subclavian injury repairs
> Splenectomy, Pringle manoeuvre, liver mobilisation/packing, Kocherisation, pancreatic injury repairs
> L to R visceral medial rotation, renal repair and nephrectomy
> Repairs to small and large bowel
> Temporary abdominal closure
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No.||:||020 7869 6300|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Full price||14 Feb,2018||GBP 1295.00|
|RCS England Members/Fellows Price||14 Feb,2018||GBP 1165.50|