Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)-Focused Trauma Treatment for Children & Adolescents is organized by PESI HealthCare and would be held on Feb 15, 2018 at Courtyard by Marriott Hartford Cromwell, Cromwell, Connecticut, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is Social Workers, Counselors, Marriage and Family Therapists, Psychologists, School Psychologists, Psychotherapists, Case Managers, Addiction Counselors, Other Mental Health Professionals. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 6.25 hours of continuing education credit.
Conference Description :
Recognizing and correctly assessing a traumatized child is the first step. In this seminar, you’ll learn :
• What assessment tools are available.
• How to best use them.
• When you are required (by law) to report the case, and the loss of trust with the child.
From that foundation, learn trauma-informed CBT techniques that give children and adolescents tools to :
• Regulate their behavior.
• Moderate the anxiety.
• Develop coping skills.
• Rebuild relationships so that they can feel safe and secure.
Conference Objectives are :
• Assess for signs of psychological trauma in children and adolescents.
• Differentiate between trauma and other behavior-related issues with children and adolescents manifest.
• Communicate effective ways to connect and work with young people who have experienced trauma.
• Recommend approaches to working within cultural differences in young trauma clients that may affect the therapeutic process.
• Critique various assessment tools using trauma screening tools.
• Develop CBT skills from evidence-based practices that work with children and adolescents who have experienced a trauma.
• Provide practical coping skills for children and adolescents who have experience a trauma.
|Contact No.||:||(800) 844-8260|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration Conference Fee||14 Feb,2018||USD 219.99|
|2 Group Rate: per person Fee||14 Feb,2018||USD 199.99|
|Active/Retired Millitary Conference Fee||14 Feb,2018||USD 199.99|