Certificate Course in Wound Care: Intensive 3-Day Boot Camp with Hands-on Simulation is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Sep 11, 2018 at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa, Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is Nurses, Physical Therapists, Nurse Practitioners. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 19.0 contact hours.
Wound care is a specialty for a reason. Correct etiology assignment, diagnostics, treatment, and referrals are essential pieces of knowledge in the successful management of wounds. Kim Saunders will break down the latest information coming out of practice guidelines and research for you during this intense 3-day training opportunity. Your practice will be elevated as you incorporate the current best practice standards into patient care.
The hands-on sessions simulate clinical competencies to address the evolving challenges of wound care. You will have the time to critically think through patient scenarios to determine what went right… and what went wrong. In this safe learning environment, you can feel comfortable asking questions of a national wound care expert. We guarantee that you will leave with countless new skills to improve your assessment, documentation, and treatment of wounds.
Three days of intense learning about the complexities of wound care will transform the way you provide care, increase your confidence and eliminate your fears. Don't delay… register today before this class hits capacity and the opportunity to earn your certificate in wound care is gone!
• Determine arterial insufficiency via bedside ABI.
• Match wound presentation with the best wound product.
• Develop wound dressing change orders based on 4 questions.
• Determine the etiology of a wound via clinical assessment.
• Anticipate expected work-up per wound etiology.
• Demonstrate accurate measurement & documentation of wounds, tunneling, and undermining.
• Differentiate between product types, based upon: indications, implementation and precautions.
• Determine type of debridement per clinical presentation.
• Demonstrate compression level/product based on ABIs.
• Identify systemic assessment needed in diabetic ulcers.
• Analyze standard of practice protocols in treating diabetic wounds.
• Explain the most challenging problems seen in the diabetic foot.
• Discuss clinical pearls with various wound bed presentations.
• Identify GI & GU pathophysiology with associated surgical diversions.
• Demonstrate differences in flat, convexity, high-output, & closed-end pouches.
• Differentiate between pseudostoma & fistula management.
• Practice pouching options with EC fistulas & tube sites.
|Contact No.||:||(800) 844-8260|
Course Fee Details
|Course Fee||:||USD $599.00|
|Early Fee||:||USD $499.00|
|Early Fee Last date||:||Aug 22, 2018|