Care When There is No Cure for Patients with End Stage Diseases is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Apr 18, 2018 at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cedar Rapids Convention Complex, Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Clinical Nurse Specialists, Social Workers, Counselors, Case Managers, Chaplains and Clergy. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 6.3 contact hours.
Conference Description :
In this compelling seminar, multiple case studies like Harold's will provide you with examples that you can incorporate when caring for the terminally ill. Caring for patients with end stage disease requires extreme sensitivity, deep compassion, and extraordinary knowledge. In order to deliver expert, holistic care, healthcare professionals need to have a toolbox full of new interventions to promote quality of life.
Each particular end stage disease has unique complexities for the patient, the family, and the healthcare professional - and this seminar will cover specific strategies for caring for these patients.
Conference Objectives :
• Evaluate functional assessment scales that are predictive of poor survival.
• Explain the benefits of using palliative care principles for patients with end stage disease.
• Develop appropriate Medicare hospice admission guidelines for specific diseases.
• Determine clinical scenarios when hydration would be beneficial for the patient who is at the end of life.
• Compare when palliative services vs. hospice services are most appropriate for the patient.
• Assess for signs and symptoms of pre-active and active dying with associated interventions.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No.||:||(800) 844-8260|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration - Early Fee||29 Mar,2018||USD 199.99|
|Single Registration - Conference Fee||17 Apr,2018||USD 219.99|
|2+ Group Rate: per person - Conference Fee||17 Apr,2018||USD 199.99|