Bringing Trauma-Informed Yoga into Mental Health Clinical Practice is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Feb 21, 2018 at Hilton Garden Inn Winchester, Winchester, Virginia, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is Counselors, Psychotherapists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Case Managers, Marriage & Family Therapists, Addiction Counselors, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Clinical Nurse Specialists, Other Mental Health Professionals, Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 6.25 Credits.
Discover yoga-based interventions that can help regulate the autonomic nervous system and learn how to incorporate these interventions into your psychotherapy session.
Join Angela Thomas Jones, LCMHC, MLADC, LCS, RYT, for an in-depth training on the principles and practices of trauma-informed yoga, with a special focus on chair yoga practices, yogic breathing exercises, and yoga nidra, the yogic sleep. This workshop also incorporates techniques and theory from trauma studies, somatic psychotherapy and ayurveda. Throughout the day, you will learn the importance of nervous-system regulation to the process of psychological healing.
Learn first-hand why organizations as diverse as the U.S. Army and the U.S. prison system have embraced yoga as an evidence-based approach to treat post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety and depression.
• Evaluate ways that autonomic nervous system dysregulation contributes to PTSD symptoms.
• Ascertain symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder which can be decreased through trauma-sensitive yoga practice.
• Practice trauma-informed chair yoga postures for use in the individual or group psychotherapy session.
• Integrate the three-part deep breath appropriate for your traumatized clients.
• Determine the benefits of bringing yogic deep relaxation into the therapy session.
• Specify yogic strategies to help reduce anxiety and depression.
• Apply applications of chair yoga and three-part deep breathing practices into your clinical work, using scripts and practice sessions.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No.||:||(800) 844-8260|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration Early Fee||01 Feb,2018||USD 199.99|
|Single Registration Conference Fee||20 Feb,2018||USD 219.99|
|2+ Group Rate: per person Early Fee||01 Feb,2018||USD 179.99|
|2+ Group Rate: per person Conference Fee||20 Feb,2018||USD 199.99|