Breast Biopsy: Stereotactic and Ultrasound Guidance is organized by Medical Technology Management Institute (MTMI) and will be held from Oct 05 - 06, 2018 at Devicor Medical Products Inc, Cincinnati, Ohio, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is professionals involved in women’s imaging services including radiologists, physicians, technologists, mammographers, sonographers, breast biopsy coordinators, breast health clinicians, nurses and medical imaging managers. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 16 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Course Description :
Stereotactic and ultrasound breast biopsy are used to obtain pathologic information from mammographic areas of suspicion. When a mass, microcalcifications, or area of abnormal tissue change exist; stereotactic and ultrasound breast biopsy offers a minimally invasive alternative to open surgical biopsy, often before a mass develops.
This course offers the attendee the opportunity to learn the basics, as well as the tricks of the trade, from experienced instructors with multi-vendor competence. Our instructors are excited and willing to share this knowledge to help bridge the gaps in training, so that intelligent performance becomes your daily mode of operation. Supervised simulation and hands-on training with phantoms, live models, and biopsy devices make this course refreshingly unique.
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Explain and provide an overview of biopsy options for detection of breast cancer.
• Discuss the differences in biopsy needles and stereo tables.
• Clarify the difference between polar and Cartesian coordinate systems.
• Describe the components of the stereo images and how they work together.
• Demonstrate the importance of needle position in correlation to the area of interest in stereotactic breast biopsy procedures.
• Formulate problem-solving skills when faced with difficult scenarios in breast biopsy techniques.
• Demonstrate proper patient positioning for stereotactic biopsy procedures.
• Review the importance of QA, ACR, and ASBrS requirements to help improve patient care and daily care of your center.
• Review breast ultrasound algorithm and terminology.
• Review ultrasound and mammographic correlation
• Demonstrate how to use ultrasound equipment and minimally invasive techniques to accomplish ultrasound-guided breast biopsy procedures.
• Discuss the importance of accurate tissue samples for accurate diagnosis
• Identify high-quality tissue and why it leads to high-quality diagnosis.
• Explain artifacts that can lead to inconclusive results.
|Registration Type||Due Date||Price|
|Physician, PA, NP | Both Days - Early Fee||15 Sep,2018||USD 945.00|
|Physician, PA, NP | Single Day - Early Fee||15 Sep,2018||USD 499.00|
|Technologist | Both Days - Early Fee||15 Sep,2018||USD 745.00|
|Technologist | single day - Early Fee||15 Sep,2018||USD 399.00|