Basic Surgical Skills (Intercollegiate BSS) is organized by The Royal College of Surgeons (RCS) of England and will be held from Oct 11 - 12, 2018 at Derriford Hospital, Plymouth, England, United Kingdom.
The target audience for this medical event is Surgeons. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 12 CPD Points.
Conference Description :
BSS is widely viewed as a cornerstone course for all trainees taking up their first surgical position. Over two highly practical days, you will learn a range of essential basic surgical skills and techniques within a controlled workshop environment.
You will participate in a variety of practical training sessions during the BSS course, including:
• Gowning, gloving, laying safe surgical knots and local anaesthetic management
• Tissue handling practice (including for infected and contaminated tissues), along with the requirements for differing tissue sites, such as skin, bowel or vessels
• Electrosurgery device usage
• Manipulation of endoscopic instruments in a 3D surgical environment while viewing a remote 2D image
• Visuospatial awareness, management of depth cueing and control of the ‘fulcrum effect’ during endoscopic surgery
Learning Outcomes :
• Demonstrate safe operating techniques
• Use a variety of surgical knots safely and effectively
• Confidently handle and use surgical instruments
• Handle tissues confidently with due regard to their unique properties
• Use endoscopic instruments in a practical and safe way
• Discuss the practical, safe use of electrosurgery
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No.||:||01752 792733,
020 7869 6300
Conference Fee Details
|Conference Fee||:||GBP £600.00|
|Early Fee Last date||:||NA|