Advanced Emergency Medicine/ Next Level Point of Care Ultrasound is organized by Advanced Health Education Center (AHEC) and will be held on Feb 16, 2018 at Advanced Health Education Center, Houston, Texas, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is Physicians who desire next level training with Ultrasound Guidance Procedures, and sonographers or other health care professionals learning next level Emergency Ultrasound. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 8 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Conference Objectives are :
At the conclusion of this course, the learner will be able to:
• Identify and display appropriate normal anatomy and orientation in the ultrasound field of view for selected topics to include abdominal and chest cavities, the heart, nerves, and peripheral veins.
• Successfully complete emergency medicine ultrasound examinations following correct patient preparation and procedure protocols to include simulated line placements and ultrasound guided needle placements.
• Understand variations in scanning protocols for demonstration of abnormalities and pathologies in emergency medicine exams to include abdominal and chest cavities, the heart, and peripheral veins.
• Identify sources and research reference materials for additional information in critical care ultrasound.
• Explain the importance of self-credentialing in critical care ultrasound, and discuss the importance of record keeping, peer review and quality assurance.
Course Topics :
• Fundamentals of ultrasound physics and knobology
• Determining patency of vascular structures
• Ultrasound guided venous and arterial access techniques
• Ultrasound guided central line placement techniques
• Evaluation for draining:
• Pericardial and pleural effusions
• Peritoneal and joint fluid
• Lumbar puncture
• Soft tissue foreign bodies
• Fracture reduction
• Pearls and pitfalls
• Hands-on scanning
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Early Fee||02 Feb,2018||USD 811.00|
|Conference Fee||15 Feb,2018||USD 836.00|